Monday, September 28, 2009

Can I help you? Yes you can....

Today in my eargerness to fulfill my churchly duty, I picked up Ned's Crazy Sub and hurried back home during my lunch break to meet my Visiting Teaching Companion. As I got to my home I noticed she was already there. As I opened the car door ( I am going somewhere with this, I promise), she sweetly asked if she could help me with the food. I of course replied, "No, I got it!" And isn't that what all mormon women say to everything? I thought I had it. I really did. But as I climbed out of the car I proceeded to drop my large and delicious Diet Dr. Pepper all over my lap, the street, and my car door. Poop.
Why is it that we, as righteous mormon women think first and foremost, "No, I got it." Had I just let her help me I would have still had a drink to sip on. And let's be serious, I of course had refills available in the fridge. But it's just not the same if it's not from the fountain. I know I have a serious attatchment to dark colored delicious, diet beverages, but alas, it makes me smile even more to have one to sip on throughout the day. So my advice for those of you who always say, "NO, I got it," maybe we don't have it all the time. What is it that President Eyring talked about at the Relief Society Broadcast on Saturday? We are supposed to help each other. Even if we think we got it, we might not. We probably don't. But we've trained ourselves into thinking we have it. I say let's just admit we don't have it, band together, and carry each other's beverages. That way, we won't have quite so many spills, wet shorts, and sticky car doors. Can you help me? Of course you can. Here is my pop, thanks for carrying it for me. I love my Visiting Teaching Companion. She accepts me for all the craziness in my life and laughs with me. Thank heavens for the relief society. Will I let her carry my drink the next time she asks me? You'd better believe it.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

You speak the truth!!! I'm always so willing to help others but why is it that I'm always the last to ask for help!

Good food for though!

Stef said...

I am the same way. I think that is why it is so important that we REALLY get to know those VT because then we know when to tell them, "No, I got it for you. You need my help. I know that without that Diet Dr Pepper from a fountain, you are going to kill one of your children. I love you. So back off!!" That stinks about the spill. grrrrrr

DeWitts said...

Oh Amy i love you! I love how your deepest thoughts come from a diet dr. pepper. haha!

I need you to come take some pics of my little Bruiser. We need to make a date and i will have lots of diet dr. pepper for you:)

tippychelle said...

That was good.

Post a Comment