Friday, August 20, 2010

Teenager Land....Ugh....

Eleven years ago Jeff and I got married and I think I've done pretty good at rallying with the teenagers. But it never fails to suprise me when the big teenage monster sticks its ugly head out and cackles like a banshie. (if you want to know what a banshie is go rent darbie o gill and the little people.) Last night I told the girls we would go get new shoes for school. So they did their homework and showered and got dressed to go look at shoes as soon as their dad got home. Just before we left Garrett came in from mowing and asked the girls why they were dressed.

Heres the conversation:

Garrett: why are you dressed in school clothes, you just showered?
GIrls: Mom said she would take us shoe shopping.
GArrett: Oh really, well just because she said that doesnt mean you're going.
GIrls: Why? mom said she would.
Garrett: Well, you probably arent going, you know mom. Because you know how mom is.....

I came around the corner to a very suprised 12 year old son and asked why he said that? Do I not deliver? Are you constantly disappointed? Is your life a wreck?

Garrett: NO.

Mom: I guess you're making my bed for a week, huh?

GArrett: Yep. Pretty much.

Hence the teenage monster, sticking its ugly head out and growling at me, and I popped it in its eye (metaphorically speaking). Get back ugly monster! Give me back my kid! The one that used to think I was awesome......

2 comments:

tippychelle said...

Do you think he was more messing with the girls than at you directly? What a stink either way...no shoes for him. I like that you popped his eye out. Love Love your new template!

Stephanie Briggs said...

hahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! i miss garrett

Post a Comment