Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Resolutions!

Ok, Happy New Year! And why is it happy? Because we can all start over and begin anew. Ive thought about all the things I want to change. Here is my list:
1. Excercise-lots of it. Need to loose 40 lbs and get diabetes under control.
2. Stop cussing. I don't cuss alot, but some is too much, right?
3. Give up soda. Ok, we all know that is not going to happen. But it's on the list because I wanted everyone to know I do actually think about it. I just get a little sad when I think too much about it.
4. Family Home Evening every week. President Monson, don't worry, we are on our way.
5. Learn to quilt. I hate my quilts in my living room. I want cute ones that look like the Pottery Barn.
6. Grow a garden.

Ladies, I am so going to do all these things. The weight one is the most important (second is cussing). But, I do need moral support. The chubby year is over. I'm very excited for the skinny years ahead. "Slim in Six" is my new best friend. And its hard. So far, Ive worked out four days this week. I really want to do five or six. No more flappy arms. Say Sianara chubbyville! I guess youre supposed to take pictures of yourself before you start working out so you can see the difference, but I don't even like looking at myself in the shower. Much less for all to see.

6 comments:

Stef said...

Whoot! Me too. So what is this, Slim in Six? Tell me more. Happy New Year, friend!!

Amy Despain said...

Slim In Six is an excercise program. ITs all cardio, abs,and resistance bands. Im doing it in addiiton to the diet thing your mom gave us.

Hillary Vaughan said...

Oh ! Slim in 6 is the best! I swear by it! And i am really going to stop swearing too! Thats funny! I bet you are so glad you don't have stairs to go up and down, because for the first 2 weeks doing that dvd. . . you CAN"T WALK!! Good luck! :) I'll be cheering for ya!

tippychelle said...

Your so full of sh.. Amy! When do you cuss? We just had this conversation...I cuss way more than you do. What does that say about what I need to work on????

Amy Despain said...

HAHAHAHAHAHa! I think you are perfect and have nothing to work on!

Pack of Robinsons said...

You'll get addicted to exercise! Its like a savings account-hard at first but fun results! We need to work on the cursing thing too! The Strength of Youth pamphlet is for everyone! ;)

Post a Comment