Thursday, October 8, 2009

The sweet smells of FALL

Ahhhh, the sweet smells of FALL. Some states have that just before it snows smell, others have that smell of rain in the air. Joann's fabrics has that cinnamon smell that is heavenly when you enter the store. I just love fall. I love putting up decorations and having a little bowl of candy corns by the door. Of course, at our house, one of the sweet smells of fall is the heavy scent of STEER MANURE that invades your senses when you walk out the door. My dear hubby is ready to plant our grass and my parents grass. Hence, the large bags of cow plop in my back yard. Don't get me wrong, I love that he is willing to do it because I eventually want an English garden in my front and back yards. But just because my father-in-law says that cow poop is actually the smell of money, doesn't mean that I am as excited to smell it as he is. But, it is one of the smells of fall here at the Despain household. So, I will light my pumpkin scented candle in the house and poor some more candy corns for visiting folks and get ready for FALL. YEE-HAW!!

1 comments:

Stef said...

It's kinda like babies.. They are wonderful but sometimes their poopie diapers can make a grown man cry! Enjoy your changing leaves, pumkin pies and poopie lawn!! (Did you hear about Brittney? You should call her.)

Post a Comment