Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tithing is paid in so many ways...

This week our family made our annual trip down to the Bishops office for tithing settlement. I always hope and pray that the kids know the answers to the Bishop's questions about how tithing is used. Despite the many family home evening lessons on how the church uses our tithing, the kids always look like they have no clue. "What? Are you talking to me?" Yes children, how does the nice Bishop use our tithing? "To......pay....for....stuff....."
Nope! Wrong answer! So our wonderful Bishop didn't get the right answer from our new priesthood holder, so he moved on to Rysa. Great. "Rysa, are you a full tithe payer?" Her answer didn't suprise many. Except for the Bishop. "Well.....I got Jango off the couch!" What? The Bishop then looks at us for clarity on her response. Jango is my brother's boxer puppy that is so large he eats off the counter when you're not watching and lovingly brings you clods of manure from outside and spits them at your feet. Fantastic. The Bishop did not know what to say. So I whispered "Good job Rysa. Way to pay your tithing." I think this counts. Don't you? Way to save mommys new couch. Even though she is a little afraid of the big dog, she knew that he was not allowed on the couch. So, she is a full tithe payer in my eyes. We all pay tithing in our own little way don't we? I think my kids pay their tithing every day. Without being asked and just because they love me. And Jeff and I pay our to the Lord, just because we love him.

4 comments:

The Giffords said...

Why was th ebig dog at your house?

Stef said...

For some it is money for others it is pushing a dog off the couch. We all help further His kingdom anyway we can! Had a great time this weekend with you!!! Yay!

tippychelle said...

I didn't know you got a new dog?

Pack of Robinsons said...

I don't think it counts.

Post a Comment